Monday, October 6, 2014

Knitted sweater with dolman sleeves - patern

The autumn is here so there’s the winter behind the corner. Honestly said, I don’t like the cold weather. But there’s little I can do about it so I better get used. 


Everything started with the need to find an easy and effective pullover. I couldn't find the exact think I wanted so I decided to create one myself. This is pretty exciting because this is my very first knitting pattern! Here is the result!



You can choose different yarns about this pullover but I went with a wool/acrylic blend (49% wool, 51% acrylic). The yarn is very soft and warm. The pattern allows for a comfortable movement and drapes beautifully. The dolman sleeves are interesting and very demanding. Thus, thus the rest of the pattern should be very quiet. Well, some colour doesn't hurt as well. You know how much I love colour! This is the autumn of the purple and blue I guess because all I like is in those two variations. I love the batik effect of the yarn. 



The pullover is knitted in two parts – front and back. Then, the stitches for the neck and rib for the sleeves are picked up from the body. 


It’s a very easy project, I might need another variations soon! 


If want to make one for yourself, come back soon for the pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment